The Random Quill: a Prose Weblog

Prose, both fiction and nonfiction. Random jottings from the quill of Sehrgut. This is a prose weblog linked with Sehr Gut Web. Here you will find everything from ideas and brainstorms to polished stories, and even some non-fiction, such as travel writing (travelogues).

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Music: On Pied Pipers

   Music has a strange power, there is no doubt. A pied piper is not so far off from reality, I think. I am listening to a Celtic song called "Seacht". I don't know where it gets its strange power, but I find it permeating my mind. It is a physical presence in the air around me, exerting a strong, steady, and pleasant pressure on my head.
   Music has an odd way about it. I was getting ready for church, and sat down to listen to the song. It has me transfixed. It is so relaxing, I can feel my mind letting go of stresses and cares. I don't know how it is working, or why. I don't even understand the Gaelic, so I have no idea what the song is about. ("Seacht" is too common a Gaelic word to find the lyrics of the song online.)
   And the moment is gone. I spoke and was spoken to, and I am released from the spell. Such a strange magic . . . I will definitely listen to this song again.

Crosspost: Scraps and The Random Quill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home