The Random Quill: a Prose Weblog

Prose, both fiction and nonfiction. Random jottings from the quill of Sehrgut. This is a prose weblog linked with Sehr Gut Web. Here you will find everything from ideas and brainstorms to polished stories, and even some non-fiction, such as travel writing (travelogues).

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Travel: Aiken to Savannah Travelogue/Missive

3:10 am
   My goodness! Nearly a half an hour late. tsk tsk. That would never have been permitted in sunny CA. I just caught the 2:40 am bus from Aiken, SC to Columbia — at nearly 3:10 am. Even Mussolini made the trains run on time . . .      How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord, is laid for your faith in His excellent Word.

4:50 am (ex post facto)
   That was interesting! A thirty-one-year-old black man (please don't take this as racism, but merely reporting!), who I have the slightest suspicion is “not all there” just came up and started talking to me. I was working on my computer at the time, teaching myself cascading style sheets. I use PageSpinner for my web design, and even my weblog posts (I post by email, mostly, and don't have any other way to preview posts), and it has a great learn-by-example section. I do seem to digress often, do I not? Anyway, he was talking to me, I was nodding and "mm-hmm"ing while I worked. The reason I suspect his faculties is that he didn't seem in the slightest to notice what I was doing (i.e. not giving him my undivided attention).

7:30 am (ex post facto)
   I don't know how I did it, but I got a good three hours of sleep on that bus. Twisting, curling, etc., etc., but I slept. Once I woke up, however, I couldn't get back to sleep. Back to CSS . . . My CSS learning project is going to be a deliberate creative work in its own right: poetry in which each word (or at least many words) link(s) to another poem. It's going to be one of those midget site-in-a-square type of artsy things.

12:11 pm
   As I write this (and the previous two posts), Savannah begins doing her best to drench my computer and I. I had better post this and be off.

Crosspost: Random Quill and Scraps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home